KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT FUND (KPHESEF) FOR RS 500M
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Higher Education Research Endowment Fund has been approved at a cost of Rs. 500 million under the amended Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Higher Education Research Endowment Fund Act 2011.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
The Act provides that the profit of the fund will be utilized to provide cost sharing to Higher Education Institutes i.e. Universities, Degree Awarding institutes and Center of Excellence for
- Promotion of Scientific Research
- Education research focusing on solution of special issues.
- Development of linkages with industries.
- Development, designing and updating of curricula and syllabus according to market demands.
- Enhancing the financial resources line of benefiting Higher Education Institutions through the windows of Endowment Fund.
The fund has been established recently and the modalities for its utilization will be framed shortly as per Higher Education Research Endowment Fund Act, 2011
- Board of Directors has been constitutes and notified.
- Maiden meeting of Board of Directors has been held
- 500 seed money has been invested in BOK and Bank Alfalah.
- Ammendments in Act have been proposed and draft rules have also been prepared. Board of Directors, in the next meeting is expected to approve the same.