Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency
ETEA is an autonomous and self supporting entity established under an ordinance in 2001, and working under a Board of Governors, headed by the Chief Minister KPK. Its objective is to promote a transparent and uninfluenced system/mechanism for conducting educational evaluation and testing. So far with the cooperation and support of its stakeholders ETEA has successfully adhered to its mandatory functions.
Educational Testing & Evaluation Agency (ETEA) is responsible for:
- Development of resource and systems for the conduct of educational evaluation and testing in respect of the educational institutions in general, and for admission to the Professional colleges/institutions in particular in a transparent and academically sound manner.
- Achieving the testing and evaluation objectives in a manner that may inculcate the spirit of inquiry & application amongst students.
ETEA has the mandate of entering into agreements, contract and arrangements with governmental as well as non-governmental institutions, bodies and individuals for the purposes of carrying out its functions and activities.
- Since its inception ETEA has so far conducted 16 sets of Entrance Tests at Peshawar, Abbottabad, Bannu and Swat for the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa University of Engineering and Technology and the Medical & Dental Colleges of the Province. More than 2 lac candidates have so far been tested.
- Results were delivered within 24-30 Hours – a record achievement at the national level.
- Conducted screening test for Scholarship and Admission to the Centers of Excellence through Elementary & Secondary Education Department Peshawar. More than 12,000 candidates have so far been tested.
- Conducted screening tests for scholarship and Admission of 7th class students hailing from FATA to the Quality Educational Institutions and Cadet Colleges throughout the Country under the Project “Provision of Quality Education Opportunities for the Students of FATA”. More than 18,000 candidates were tested.
- Conducted Teachers Ability Test in all the districts of the Province. More than 60,000 candidates were tested.
- Conducted B-1 Examination for the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Department meant for Promotion of Constables to the Rank of Head Constables. More than 12,000 candidates have so far been examined.
- Conducted tests for the recruitment of Junior Clerks for the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Department. About 7000 candidates have been evaluated.
ETEA ALSO CONDUCTED TESTS FOR:
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes of IMSciences Hayatabad, Peshawar;
- Govt. Colleges of Technology of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for Admission to 4-years B.TECH Programme.
- USAID funded ADE Programme of the Province.
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Woman University, Peshawar.
- University of Haripur.
- City University Peshawar.
- Peshawar Public School & College.
- Working Folks Grammar School, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Edwards College Peshawar.
IMPORTANT NEWS TO BE SHARED WITH PUBLIC
- ETEA has no collaboration whatsoever with any institution preparing students for Entrance Tests, nor it has approved any published material for Test preparation.
- A-1 exam and Lower Course exam of the Police Department, FATA (QEOP), IMS, Kernal Sher Khan Shaheed Cadet College Swabi are in pipeline, which will hopefully be conducted within one month time.
ETEA BOARD OF GOVERNORS
||Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
||Minister for Higher Education
||Secretary, Higher Education
||Vice Chancellor, UET
||Principal Bacha Khan Medical College, Mardan
||Chairman, BISE, Peshawar
||Prof. Dr. M. Qasim Jan
Former Vice-Chancellor, UOP + QAU
||Engr. Abdul Hadi
Former Chairman, Mech. Engg: UET
||Executive Director, ETEA
House # 46, Street # 5, Defence Officers Colony, Khyber Road Peshawar Cantt.