Directorate of Higher Education
The Directorate of Higher Education KP was established in 1979 in order to manage the fiscal and administrative affairs of 49 Govt Colleges. The department has expanded horizontally and the number of colleges/field institutions has been increased up to a total of 157 Govt Colleges (M&F) and vertically up to a total of 19 Post Graduate Colleges with multiple disciplines at master level. The directorate is the sole body responsible for the smooth implementation of the policies / guidelines issued by the department from time to time. The main objectives and functions of the directorate are
- To implement polices/guidelines framed by the Secretariat for smooth functioning of the department
- Facilitate in all matters of male and female colleges
- Processing of all kinds of leaves cases from BPS-17 to BPS-20 including NOCs
- Prepare pension/retirement cases of all employees
- Demand of Budget from government and distribution amongst the colleges
- Issuance of Sanctions of GP funds
- Processing of Loan cases
- Preparation of statistical year book containing students enrollment and teaching staff in all government colleges
- Deal with all kind of foreign Scholarship received from provincial government/donors agencies.
- Deals with local training for college teachers
- Dealing with litigation cases in all courts
- Financial assistance to deceased employees.
- Facilitate employees of the department in house subsidy/government accommodation cases.
- Provide marriage grants
- Formulate admission polices
- Preparation of draft ADP
- Preparation of PC-1 for establishment of new colleges
- Purchases of plants and machinery
- Monitoring of construction works